Janice Schaeffler, Director of Institutional Research, (203) 332- 5220
the Data Request Form (MS Word document)
When requesting data through the Office of Institutional Research, please provide as much
detail as possible to help us facilitate the request. Specifically, we need to know:
- What data you need
- How the data are to be analyzed
- Whether you need assistance with the analysis
- Date by which the data are needed
- For what purpose the data will be used.
Requests for data or research assistance are processed by the Director of Institutional Research in consultation with College administrators. Allow a minimum of two weeks for processing. On a case-by-case basis, a determination will be made about the feasibility and appropriateness of requests. Once accepted, data requests and research projects are prioritized in accordance with the College's
Strategic Plan. Placing requests early will help with prioritization. You will be contacted if there are any questions or concerns about project completion.
Confidential information is provided in response to special requests.
Disclosure of this information to unauthorized parties violates the Family Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
When provided with confidential information, it is expected that you will:
the Data Request Form
- Handle the information in a secure fashion to ensure it remains confidential
- Communicate the information only to other parties authorized to have access to it in accordance with the provisions of FERPA
- Use the information only for its intended purpose
- Properly dispose of the information when it is no longer needed.
(MS Word document)