From the 2016-2017 Catalog
Housatonic Community College, though a collaborative, learner-centered, technology-rich and stimulating educational environment, empowers all individuals to develop to their full potential as lifelong learners. As a knowledgeable and dedicated faculty and staff, we inspire students to contribute responsibly to our dynamic regional and global society.
By 2021, Housatonic Community College, empowered by resources and public support, will be a regional leader in higher education, workforce development, and community engagement with cutting-edge programs in science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics and other disciplines that address the ever-changing needs of students, employers, and society.
Housatonic Places High Values On:
• Affordable, accessible, and high-quality higher education;
• Sensitivity to students with diverse backgrounds, needs and goals;
• Providing innovative programs that satisfy a variety of individual, regional, and global societal needs
• Emphasizing critical thinking, empowering students to become independent learners, creative problem solvers, and engaged citizens
• Sparking intellectual curiosity and promoting lifelong learning through a rich cultural and academic environment
• Ensuring personal, academic, and organizational integrity and honesty in all endeavors
• Promoting the belief that learning is the basis for personal growth and enrichment and that personal maturity is defined by responsibility, accountability, and transparency
Diversity and Inclusion
• Embracing cultural and intellectual differences
• Fostering interpersonal engagements that are respectful of individuals and cultures
• Cultivating an environment that encourages diverse populations to contribute to, and participate in, the educational process
Services and Resources
• Providing students with resources and support from entry to completion of their goals
• Maintaining a safe and secure campus
Personal Connection and Community Engagement
• Providing opportunities for students to experience positive connections at Housatonic that last a lifetime
• Building strong connections that contribute to, and support, community engagement.
Approved and Adopted February 16, 2016