Sept. 6, 2012
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT ANSON SMITH AT 203-332-5229
HCC Sponsoring Training Workshop
9/20 at Business Showcase 2012
Covers Securing Grants
12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
BRIDGEPORT – “You CAN afford to train!”
That will be the subject of a workshop conducted by Housatonic Community College and the Connecticut Department of Labor Sept. 20 at the Business Showcase 2012 at the Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard.
Focusing on how businesses can take advantage of training programs, the workshop will:
- Summarize Bridgeport business owners’ workforce concerns as identified in recent surveys
- Outline training examples that pay off.
- Demonstrate how needs assessments identify workforce goals.
- Illustrate budgeting approaches that will get clients the most value for their training dollars.
- Discuss financial strategies to acquire government and foundation dollars.
The forum, to be held in the arena’s Press Room from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., will be conducted by Joseph Jenecaro and G. Thomas Sheffer, organizational specialists with Housatonic’s Strategic Solutions Group, and Lori-lynn Chatlos, business services specialist with the Connecticut Department of Labor.
SSG provides customized job training to businesses, nonprofits and government agencies. As part of its service, SSG organizational specialists meet with prospective clients to learn as much as possible about their operations and the workforce challenges they face. Then, the HCC specialists develop a customized program to address these challenges.
Basic diagnostic services are provided at no charge, while training is provided on a fee-for-service basis.
More information about SSG will be available at Booth 113 at the Showcase, which will take place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. .
Back To Press Releases