Using your NetID
To log on: (First-Timers* must also read the paragraphs below this one.)
- Enter your Banner ID (without the @ sign up front) followed by “@student.commnet.edu” in the box labeled “User name:” Example: “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Enter your password** in the box labeled “Password:” (see below...)
- Click “OK” or press “Enter” key (Do not choose “Dial-Up,” if showing.)
*First-Timersare those who have never logged onto the Windows “NetID” system, since it was instituted on August 15, 2005. (Continue reading...)
Your First-Time Password is as Follows...
The first 3 letters of your birth month, with only the first letter capitalized,
followed by the ampersand symbol “&” (key-in “Shift” + “7”),
followed by the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
**You will have to change your password the first time logging on and every 90 days, thereafter. Use these rules to design your own password:
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- May not contain your own name, user ID/name, or birth date
- Must contain at least 1 Uppercase and 1 Lowercase letter
- Must contain at least 1 Number
- May contain some special characters (! @ # $ % & * ( ) - _ = + < > ?)
- May not be a repeat of a previous password, since Aug. 15, 2005.
Note: If you forget your password, or are getting “locked out” after 3 or more attempts, you may reset it at any of the computer “kiosks” located in the lobbies and hallways of the college by going to Reset your Network ID (NetID) password. Click on the white link on the left-hand edge labeled “Reset Forgotten Password”, then supply the requested information to change your password.
PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY, AND KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT ENABLED,
REMEMBER TO LOG OFF!!!
(CLICK “START” – “LOG OFF...” – “LOG OFF”)