Media Services List of Equipment for Borrowing
The library's media department is like the College's community tool shed. You may reserve equipment for use on campus, by emailing email@example.com or by calling x5180. In most cases equipment must be returned the same day, preferably as soon as you are through.
See additional equipment policies below.
- Digital Cameras – After using the camera, simply
remove the memory card, insert it into the card reader and connect it
to your computer.
- Digital Camcorders – You record, and then we’ll
transfer your video to DVD.
- Flip Camcorder – Comes with built in software
that makes editing your video very easy.
- iPad – Very portable, use for PowerPoint presentations on and off campus, when a laptop isn't needed. Can be connected to a projector. Have an important speech? Use the iPad's app for turning it into a teleprompter.
- Laptops – Dell E6400 or 13-inch Apple Macbook
Pro. On- or off-campus wireless-enabled.
- Mac Adapters – connect any video-capable Mac,
iPhone, iPod, or iPad to a projector.
- Portable Projector – Powerful little Dell projector
that can travel with a laptop for off-campus functions.
- COW – Computer on wheels with a projector,
VCR/DVD player, and speakers connected.
- COW with Document Camera – Everything a COW
has, plus a document camera.
- TVs with DVD/VCR players – Available on portable
- Portable PAs – We have two personal PAs that
have a headset type of microphone and very small amplifiers (one is
worn around your waist). They are a great tool if your class is large,
or the classroom’s ventilation is noisy, and you’re tired
of raising your voice or you’re just soft spoken. There are studies
that show voice amplification raises student’s retention.
- Portable Document Camera – Much
smaller version of the document cameras you find in the media
rich classrooms, it can be used on a COW or packed-up and taken off
campus. Please keep in mind that this document camera does not have
the brightness or auto-focus like the document cameras in the media
- Portable 60” projection screen – Fairly
easy to carry and a cinch to open.
- Digital Voice Recorder (hand-held) – We can
transfer to CD when you are through.
- Marantz CD Recorder – This equipment will require
an appointment for a “how to” hands-on demo. Would be good
for recording narration.
- Boom boxes – Available with iPod docks.
- Wireless Mice/Presenters – with built-in laser
pointers. Ideal for PowerPoint presentations.
- Laser pointers
Portable equipment may be taken out of the building by college personnel
for college related activities. Off campus use requires that you fill-out
a form, which must be signed by Media Services personnel or the Library
- All equipment must be “signed out” with a permission
slip that is available in Media Services. Media Services will fill out
needed information such as State Tag number if available, and condition
- Equipment is available only overnight. Exceptions will be made
for events such as conferences, which may require the use of equipment
for several days.
- Equipment is available for off campus use only when it is not scheduled
for use in the building. In-building use takes precedence. You must
call in advance to make reservations for the needed equipment.
- The person taking the equipment assumes responsibility for its
return and condition.
- Equipment must be returned on the date designated on the permission
slip, and Media Services will log it as returned.
Student Equipment Use
Under no circumstances may any student take equipment off campus. Students
may borrow equipment with prior approval of instructor. Instructor
must email firstname.lastname@example.org or
call x5180 before we release equipment. Student must have an HCC
Library card prior to taking equipment. Students are strongly encouraged
to reserve equipment in advance, to ensure availability.