To effectively compete in a global economy, your organization must be able to conduct business from anywhere at any time using the most qualified people, regardless of where they live. Leading a team is challenging enough, but when people work remotely, perhaps across time zones and cultures, those challenges can be magnified.
This online course teaches leaders how to overcome the challenges of time and distance to work as a cohesive team focused on achieving RESULTS .
Do you face any of these issues?
- Are virtual team members feeling isolated and less committed to the team and organization?
- Do your leaders know how to build trust and create a shared team culture when team members interact less frequently?
- Are your leaders losing sight of the fact that they are dealing with people at the other end?
- Build community among virtual team members.
- Communicate more effectively in a virtual environment.
- Enhance trust among members separated by time and/or distance.
- Focus their team by keeping team members and their goals visible and in sight.
- Building a Successful Team
- Building Trust
- Pre-Check: Learners answer questions to test their existing knowledge of the course content. The feedback they receive helps them determine which units they might want to spend more time on.
- Introduction: Learners are introduced to their role in bridging the time-distance gap to build community with their virtual team members to successfully achieve shared goals. Three foundations for building community—communicating effectively, building trusting relationships, and keeping team members and goals visible and in focus—are explored throughout the course, and realistic mini scenarios offer learners practice in virtual leadership skills.
- Communicating: Is Anybody Out There?: Learners are shown how to effectively use the interaction process skills to communicate in a clear, understandable way in a virtual environment. Various communication methods and the pros and cons of each are explored. Learners walk through how to conduct virtual meetings and engage remote participants as well as establish ground rules for communication etiquette.
- Trusting Relationships: Who Are You?: This unit presents skills and tools for building trusting relationships that promote teamwork and commitment to shared goals among dispersed and diverse workers, including how to leverage people's personal and cultural differences.
- Visibility: Do You See What I See?: Learners explore how to create and maintain lines of sight between their team and the organization, between them and their team, and between team members themselves.
- Mastery Check: Learners answer questions to test their knowledge of the course content and receive a personalized certificate upon successful completion of the Mastery Check.
- Applying Your Skills: This unit helps learners advance from simply understanding the concepts and skills in this course to applying them and provides tools and application opportunities that support further development.
- Resources: Throughout the course, learners are presented with tools they can use with their virtual teams back in the workplace.
Who Should Attend:
- Frontline through mid-level leaders.